CENTRE FOR ACCOUNTING STUDIES
ADMISSIONS & LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
- JOB PARTICULARS
TITLE: Admissions & Logistics Assistant
ANSWERABLE TO: Registrar
REVISION DATE: July 2022
REVISED BY: Rector
- MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for processing of students applications from enquiry through to enrolment,
performs data entry, verifies information, and handles routine requests for student records
and related information.
1. Send out application forms and receives and records applications from potential
2. Inform prospective students about admissions requirements and responds to email
and social media inquiries from potential students.
3. Generate response letters from potential students about admission queries on
behalf of the Rector.
4. Create a database of all applicants, sorts it using the admission criteria and
forwards it to the Academic Planning Manager (Chair of the Admissions
Committee) for action.
5. Receive admissions lists from the admissions committee and prepares admission
letters for the Rector.
6. Compile and maintain a database and personal files of all students and compiles
billing registers and passes them to the accounts office
7. Responsible for the management of class registers, setting them up, distributing
and collecting them from the lecturers.
8. Inform the Academic Planning Manager of any changes in student numbers due
to dropping out, death etc.
9. Responsible for proper utilization of notice boards, ensuring timely placement and
removal of notices on the notice boards.
10. Deal with inquiries from the public regarding admissions
11. Provide assistance to type documents from time to time as may be requested.
12. Types certificate for all CAS short courses.
13. Attend and take minutes during all CAS meetings, other than the Board meeting.
14. Undertake any other relevant duties as required.
15. Liaise regularly with both academic & administrative staff
16. Attend Academic meetings and take minutesStudent Records
1. Assist in capturing of new students in the students’ information systems (SIMS).
2. Ensure that students’ performance records are captured in the SIMS.
3. Compile final results on a class by class basis for performance assessment.
4. Files relevant student records and official documentation need in the students’
5. Produce students’ performance report for purpose of admission at higher level for
returning students including attendance, test results and or any other information
6. Responsible for compiling of appropriate reports for submission to Council on
Higher Education and Ministry of Education and Training.Projects
1. Participate in special projects as assigned by management from time to time.
- Qualifications and Experience
Qualifications and Education Requirements
The detailed advertisement and job description can be found on the CAS website